First AidFirst Aid
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE
Anyone who is required to have a basic First Aid qualification. This course would be beneficial for not only those in the workplace but also for the home or lesser environment.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The First Aid course is delivered by CSTC RTO Partner Royal Life Saving Society WA (RTO NO:0854) certified trainers.
This first aid training course has no pre-requisites and is broken up into two (2) components including; completion of a series of online training modules (approx 2-8 hrs to complete) and a 1 day in-class practical assessment, delivered conveniently in one of our Welshpool or Perth venues.
The course describes the skills, knowledge and techniques required
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) IAW the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines
- Recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies
- Provide a first aid response to a casualty in a range of situations
The course applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, perform a first aid response in an emergency situation, including community and workplace settings, and can be contextualised to any workplace as required.
The course includes:
- Perform CPR on a casualty who has suffered a cardiac arrest
- Access and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) during a cardiac arrest
- Provide first aid IAW first aid principles and practices
- Write and report on details of an incident
- Participate in a variety of simulated exercises
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Learners will be required to provide their Unique Student Identifier prior to the commencement of the course (www.usi.gov.au)
2. Learners will require sufficient language and literacy skills to write a report of an incident.
3. Learners must have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the assessment requirements which are to complete continuous 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin kneeling on the floor and 2 minutes of continuous CPR on a infant manikin. (Some learners may find the physical aspects of this training strenuous and will be asked to discuss any injuries or physical limitations, with the RTO staff prior to enrolment).
4. Learners MUST complete the pre-course Online Training Modules (via an online portal that may take 2-8 hrs to complete) and submit the completion certificate to CSTC prior to attendance of the classroom phase of the course. Learners who attend the inclass component without the completion of the online component will not be accepted on the course.
5. Learners are required to wear comfortable and loose fitting attire including; enclosed flat shoes, and loose fitting shirt/t-shirt for both males and females.
DELIVERY MODEOnline and Face-to-Face
- Online Component - Completion of a series of online training modules, (14 modules in total), taking approximately 2-8 hours to complete. Must be completed before the inclasss attendance.
- Attendance of 1 day in-class practical assessment.
- Retail Price - $ 160.00
- Members Price - $128.00
CTF Subsidy -Available on this course for eligable candidates
- DRSABCD procedure
- Principles & legalities of First Aid
- Responding to an emergency
- Assessment for unconsciousness
- Moving the casualty
- CPR including use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Treatment of Illness
- Cardiac emergencies
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Dressings and bandages
- Hyperthermia & Hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Reporting of accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Bites, stings and envenomation
- Allergic Reactions and anaphylaxis
- Crush injuries
- Dislocations and fracturesDrowning
- Eye and ear injuries
- Epilepsy and febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded by the Royal Life Saving Society (RTO Number: 0854) within 30 days upon the successful completion of the course, indicating the nationally recognised unit of competencies HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID003 Perform first aid, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- Awards will be issued once all course fees are paid.