Home / Courses / OSH/WHS Courses / OSH Representatives Training
OSH Representatives Training
This five day course is for State and Commonwealth elected Occupational Safety & Health Representatives. The State Course is accredited by the WA Occupational Safety & Health Commission and Comcare. The successful participants must be then registered by WorkSafe WA, receiving a WorkSafe WA registration number.
- Ability to understand English
- At least 18 years of age
- Examine the legal requirements for safety at work;
- Examine the role of safety in the workplace;
- Investigate the control of hazards at work;
- Identify sources of information on safety and health issues;
- Establish sources of information on safety agreements andprocedures for adaptation to individual workplaces;
- Develop communication, negotiation and research skills.
- NOHSC: 1007 (1993)
- National Code of Practice NOHSC: 2009(1993)
- Occupational Safety & Health Regulations 1996
- Occupational Safety & Health Act
- Group Activities
- Scenario role playing
- A Certificate of Participation will be offered upon the completion of the course.