: Personnel & Materials Hoist
A personnel & materials hoist operator is in charge of the operation of a hoist in which personnel, goods and/or materials may be hoisted, and which comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and which may be either a cantilever hoist, a tower hoist or a multiple winch operation.
- You must be 18 years of age
- Photo ID e.g. drivers license, Passport
- Ability to understand , read and write English.
- Pre-requisite- Unit of competency CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry.
- Basic Mathematical knowledge.
- Introduction and Legislation
- Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulation.
- Australian Standard AS 2550-7-1996.
- Site Planning check.
- Preparation Plan (Job Safety Analysis).
- Identification and control of hazards.
- Conducting a pre-start and pre-operational
- Carry out identification and control of hazards procedures.
- Carry out pre-start inspection of hoist.
- Carry out start up check of hoist.
- Record information in log book.
- Conduct safe operation of hoist.
- Demonstrate correct shut down procedure for hoist.
- Carry out post operational check of hoist
- Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment indicating the Nationally recognized unit of competency CPCCRI3001A Operate personnel and materials hoists.
- A Notice of Assessment will be issued by the Worksafe Trainer/Assessor.
- To obtain your Licence to Perform High Risk Work for class HP (Personnel and Materials Hoist) you will need to fill in the relevant application form and attach a copy of your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and also 2 passport photos along with the application fee that is to be paid Directly to Worksafe WA.
Course at a glanceName:
Personnel & Materials Hoist
Check Out the Training Rebates
Do you want to find out if your entitled to the training rebates or membership discounts? More!