A forklift operator will be in operational control of a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is has attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment.
Every day duties include:
- Prestart checks
- General maintenance or servicing
- Set up
- You must be 18 years of age or over
- Photo ID e.g. drivers licence, passport
- Ability to understand , read and write English
- 4.5hr Power Point Presentation
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Pre-start inspections
- Safe operating procedures
- Power line regulations
- Workplace, hazards & Controls
- Capacities & limitations of the Forklift
- Calculations Loads
- Carry out identification and control of hazards
- Carry out Pre-start routine
- Handle loads in racks and load trucks
- Operate Forklift in a smooth and safe way to suit the immediate work environment
- Carry out Post Operational check
- Full day available for practice
- 1/2 hr practical assessment
Upon successful completion of the course participants will recieve a Statment of Attainment indicating the Nationally recognised unit of competency TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck.
Notice of Assessment issued by the Worksafe Trainer/Assessor.
Licence To Perform High risk Work Licence for class (LF) Forklift Operator: Once a copy of your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form have been submitted to WorkSafe with the required application fee.
Check Out the Training Rebates
Do you want to find out if your entitled to the training rebates or membership discounts? More!