Home / Courses / High Risk Work Courses / TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
High Risk Work CoursesTLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Non Slewing Mobile Crane. The course will give participants the necessary skills to operate a mobile crane of greater than 3 tonnes capacity that incorporates a boom or jib which includes articulated type mobile cranes and locomotive cranes, but does not include vehicle tow trucks, for licensing purposes.
5 days = Monday to Friday
Retail Price - $ 850.00
Members Price - $680.00
CTF Subsidy - Available on this course for eligible candidates.
- Students must be an minimum of 18 years to complete this course as per the requirements of the Standards for persons performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory section involves maths.
- Students who suffer from any learning difficulties need to let CSTC Training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
- Must hold a current National High-Risk Work Licence (HRWL) to perform dogging or a certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging.
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
6 x Participants
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Australian Standards AS 2550 Parts 1 & 5, AS 1418 Part 5.
- Load Calculations
- Identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Principles of mobile non-slewing operation.
- Plan and prepare work, conduct routine checks
- Conduct pre-start and post-operative equipment checks in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
- Structural characteristics and stability limitations of mobile non-slewing cranes.
- Operating a crane under different environment conditions.
- conduct job saftey analysis (JSA)
- accurate recording and maintenance of information relating to crane operations within appropriate log book.
- communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of two-way radios
- verifying problems and equipment faults and demonstrating appropriate response procedures
- Understanding and application of appropriate methods of communication with dogman and other authorised personnel.
- Operation of the crane to raise, move and place loads, using all relevant crane movements.
- Perform parking and shut down procedures
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- Statement of Attainment for the unit : TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
- Notice of Assessment for Licence to Perform High Risk Work issued by the Worksafe Assessor on Completion of the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course you will the be required to submit your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form to WorkSafe WA with the required application fee of $100 ofr a new application or $78.50 for additon to a current licence.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions attached to all student letters and also in the student handbook.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity) forms part of TLI31716 Certificate III in Mobile Crane Operations. This will be recognised through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by Registered Training Originations (RTO) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.