Home / Courses / High Risk Work Courses / CPCCLTC4001A Licence to operate a tower crane
High Risk Work CoursesCPCCLTC4001A Licence to operate a tower crane
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLTC4001A Licence to operate a tower crane
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Tower Crane. The course will give participants the necessary skills to operate a tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers a jib or boom/job crane mounted on a tower structure, demountable or permanent, including both horizontal and luffing jib types. This course does not cover self-erecting tower cranes.
5 days = Monday to Friday
Retail :$ 1350.00
CTF Subsidy is available on this course for eligible particpants.
- Students must be an minimum of 18 years to complete this course as per the requirements of the Standards for persons performing High Risk Work.
- CSTC Policy is that all people wanting to enrol on the tower crane course recommend students hold a Licence to Perform High Risk Work Dogging Licence or valid certificate of competency for at least 3 months and must be able to provide documented proof of their experience in that time.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory section involves maths.
- Students who suffer from any learning difficulties need to let CSTC Training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
5 x Participants
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights)
- Load Calculations
- Plan and prepare work, conduct routine checks
- conduct job saftey analysis
- accurate recording and maintenance of information relating to crane operations
- communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of two-way radios
- interpersonal communication into crane computer (where fitted) and checking of operation to accurately reflect the crane configuration
- operation of a tower crane for the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other appropriate personnel where required
- risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the crane (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, wind, etc)
- use and interpretation of crane manufacturer's specifications and data, including load charts to enable the crane to be configured for the load
- verifying problems and equipment faults and demonstrating appropriate response procedures
- shutdown and secure crane.
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- Statement of Attainment for the unit : CPCCLTC4001A Licence to operate a tower crane
- Notice of Assessment for Licence to Perform High Risk Work issued by the Worksafe Assessor on Completion of the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course you will the be required to submit your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form to WorkSafe WA with the required application fee of $95 ofr a new application or $71 for additions to a current licence.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions attached to all student letters and also in the student handbook.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency CPCCLTC4001A - Licence to operate a tower crane forms part of CPC40611 - Certificate IV in Building and Construction. This will be recognised through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by Registered Training Originations (RTO) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.