Home / Courses / High Risk Work Courses / CPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist
High Risk Work CoursesCPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Materials Hoist Operation.The course will give participants the necessary skills required to operate a materials hoist being a builder's hoist by which only goods or materials and not personnel may be hoisted and where the car, bucket or platform is cantilevered from, and travels up and down externally to, a face of the support structure for licensing purposes.
Retail Price - $ 450.00
Members Price - $360.00
CTF Subsidy - Available for eligible candidates.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
4 x Participants
- Students must be an minimum of 18 years to complete this course as per the requirements of the Standards for persons performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory section involves maths.
- Students who suffer from any learning difficulties need to let CSTC Training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC. For more information click on the industry news page
- WA OHS Policies and Procedures
- Australian Standards
- accurately record and maintain information relating to materials hoist operations
- communication techniques in the workplace including bells, lights, hand signals intercom and use of two-way radios
- conduct materials hoist operations
- hazards associated with the operation of the materials hoist are identified, risks are assessed and effective hazard prevention/control measures for those hazards identified and put into place
- inspect materials hoist equipment, safety equipment and installation for safe operation
- interpersonal communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel (e.g. receive and interpret work instructions, safety information, emergency procedures)
- verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures.
- All fences and gates are secured according to procedures.
- Hoist is shut down, routine post -operational checks are carried out according to procedures.
- Power is isolated and secured against unauthorised access.
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded in the log book.
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- National Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit : CPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist
- Notice of Assessment for High Risk Work issued by the Worksafe Assessor on Completion of the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course you will the be required to submit your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form to WorkSafe WA with the required application fee $86.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking. As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all
persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency CPCCLHS3002A Licence to operate a materials hoist forms part of the Qualification CPC30711 Certificate III in Rigging. This will be recognised through Recognition of Current Competency's (RCC) by Registered Training Originations (RCC) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.