Home / Courses / High Risk Work Courses / CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
High Risk Work CoursesCPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Intermediate Rigging. The course will give participants the necessary skills to perform intermediate rigging work, which includes all the required skills for rigging work at the basic level, and also includes rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with demolition work, and dual lifts for licensing purposes.
4 days = Monday to Thursday
Retail Price - $ 670.00
Members Price - $536.00
CTF Subsidy - Available on this course for eligable candidates.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
8 x Participants
- Students must be an minimum of 18 years to complete this course as per the requirements of the Standards for persons performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory section involves maths.
- Students who suffer from any learning difficulties need to let CSTC Training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
- Completion of the unit CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging basic level or holding a valid licence for basic rigging
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC.
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights)
- Requirements for certification
- Application of Australian and National Standards in relation to modules and units of competency: AS1891, AS2626 and use of mobile cranes as per Australian Standard: AS2550
- Load Calculations
- Personal and general safety
- Tilt Up panels/slabs
- Erection of all hoists
- Multi-Crane lifts
- Plan and prepare work on site
- Conduct inspections of boom or tower sections and all rigging equipment/gear before and after use, repairing if necessary
- Prepare site for rigging work
- Coordinate load movements with appropriate communication and signal methods given verbally, by whistle, two-way radio/telephone, light signals or hand signals, in and out of view of the crane/hoist operator
- Identify workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Move loads
- Place and secure loads ensuring stability
- Dismantle and remove boom or tower sections (reverse procedure using 26T Pin Jib Crane)
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- National Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit : CPCCLRG3002A Licence to Perform rigging intermediate level
- Notice of Assessment for High Risk Work issued by the Worksafe Assessor on Completion of the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course you will the be required to submit your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form to WorkSafe WA with the required application fee of $95 for a new application or $71 for additon to a current licence.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking. As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level is a pre-requisite for students looking to enrol in CPCCLRG4001A Licence to Perform Rigging advanced level. The unit of competency also forms part of PC Certificate III in Rigging. This will be recognized through Recognition of Current Competency's (RCC) by Registered Training Originations (RTO) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.