Home / Courses / High Risk Work Courses / CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
High Risk Work CoursesCPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Dogging. The course will give participants the necessary skills to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane /operator.
5 days = Monday to Friday
Retail Price - $ 850.00
Members Price - $680
CTF Subsidy -Available on this course for eligable candidates.
- Students must be an minimum of 18 years to complete this course as per the requirements of the Standards for persons performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory section involves maths.
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
8 x Participants
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights)
- Load Calculations
- Use and application of fiber ropes, Flexible steel wire ropes, chains , synthetic slings and lifting gear.
- Requirements for certification under the National Standards.
- Communication skills.
- Safe Slinging and Lifting practices.
- Selection and use of mobile cranes as per Australian Standards AS2550
- Identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Establishing the mass and dimensions of different loads to be lifted.
- Learning understanding and the application of appropriate methods of communication with the crane operator.
- Plan a lift in conjunction with the crane operator and site supervisor.
- Conduct inspections of all lifting equipment before and after use.
- Slinging techniques
- Correct methods for the slinging of loads of different mass and shapes.
- Move loads (Various slinging configuration 25T Grove, 30T Grove all terrain, tower crane and 6Tonne BHB Crane.
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- Statement of Attainment for the unit : CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
- Notice of Assessment for Licence to Perform High Risk Work issued by the Worksafe Assessor on Completion of the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course you will the be required to submit your Statement of Attainment, Notice of Assessment and Licencing application form to WorkSafe WA with the required application fee of $95 for a new application or $71 for additon to a current licence.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions attached to all student letters and also in the student handbook.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency CPCCLDG3001A for the dogging course is a pre-requisite for students looking to enrol in Licence to Perform Rigging basic level. The unit of competency also forms part of CPC30511 Certificate III in Dogging. This will be recognised through Recognition of Current Competency's (RCC) by Registered Training Originations (RTO) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.