Home / Courses / Safety Courses / Restricted Asbestos
Safety CoursesRestricted Asbestos
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
WORKSAFE COURSE CODE
WSRAL001 Restricted Asbestos
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Due to amendments that have been made to the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 to provide for a new Asbestos licensing scheme for Western Australia. The scheme has been developed to establish a new Restricted Asbestos License for anyone who is removing 10 square meters of bonded asbestos.
Retail Price: $ 350.00
Membership Price : $280.00
CTF Subsidy - Available on this course for eligable candidates.
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
12 x Participants
COURSE INFORMATION AND PRE-REQUISITES
- All students must be over the 18 years of age.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Students who suffer from any learning difficulties need to let CSTC Training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
- Must hold a Construction Induction White Card.
- Introduction and Legislation
- WA OHS Policies and Procedures
- OHS ACT
- Department of Health Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations WA 1996: Regulations relating to demolition, Regulations relating to friable asbestos removal
- Department of environmental and conservation Guidelines for remediation of contaminated sites
- NOHSC:2002 (2005) Code of Practice
- NOHSC:2018 (2018) Code of Practice
- Terms Used to describe Asbestos
- Types of Asbestos
- Various uses
- Fibre size
- The Health Risks
- Risk Management
- Identify the hazard, Asbestos in domestic premises
- Types of hazards
- Assessing Risks
- Hierarchy of Control
- Protective Clothing
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Removal of Asbestos
- Planning -Procedures, Preparation, Removal
- Cleaning up - Procedures
- Disposal of waste
- Obtaining a restricted Asbestos License
- Written Exam
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- National Recognised Statement of Completion for the WSRAL001 Restricted Asbestos Licence
- A small award will also be issued indicating the completed course for people to put in their wallets
Upon successful completion of this course, those wishing to obtain a Worksafe WA Restricted Asbestos Licence will need to lodge an application with WorkSafe WA. Obtaining this licence will allow the licence holder, or people employed by the licence holder, to remove amounts exceeding 10 square metres of bonded (non-friable) asbestos, but not friable asbestos.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking. As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all
persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.