Home / Courses / Traffic Courses / RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop slow bat
Traffic CoursesRIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop slow bat
Construction Skills Training Centre National Provider Number: 1974
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop slow bat
RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course have been developed for those seeking Main Roads WA accreditation for Traffic Control (TC). Participants will develop the communication, knowledge and skills required to Control traffic with a stop-slow bat within their working environment.
1 day Theory + additional Half day Logbook Assessment
MAXIMUM COURSE NUMBERS
- All students MUST have completed RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures prior to enrolling on this course.
- All Students must have basic english reading and writting skills, interpreters will not be allowed in this course.
- Main Roads WA require all students to hold a current Construction Induction (blue or white card).
- Main Roads WA require all students haveproof of holding or have held a Full Drivers Licence. **This doe not include "L"Plates,
- Any student who suffers from any learning difficulties needs to let CSTC training Staff know prior to the start of the course.
** As of January 1st 2015 all students will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain their Statement of Attainment or qualification when studying a nationally recognised training course with CSTC.
-site and equipment safety requirements
-traffic controlling requirements and procedures
-complying with traffic management plans
-reading and interpreting the work instruction and planning work activity accordingly
-positioning signage and barriers
-directing and controlling vehicle traffic
-directing and controlling pedestrian traffic
-communicating to drivers and pedestrians clearly using hand signals
-using approved communication devices such as hand held radios or phones to transmit message and report of offenders
-removing or covering signs after work completion
- Knowledge Assessment
- Practical ( Logbook Assessment required over 1/2 day)
This course is delivered face to face at our premises of 107 Radium Street Welshpool WA 6106.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the following:
- Statement of Attainment for the unit : RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop slow bat and RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace.
- Main Roads Traffic Accreditation: Traffic Card indicating traffic management class for Traffic Controller, valid for 3years from the date of issue, along with Mainroads Accreditation Certificate.
All successful participants will have their accreditation registered with the Main Roads Western Australia Database.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
If you are unable to attend you must notify CSTC within 2 working days prior to the course commencement. A cancellation fee of HALF the full course cost will be imposed to all persons or companies who do not advise the CSTC of any non-attendance.
As per CSTC Terms and Conditions.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
The unit of competency RIIWHS205D - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat forms part of Qualification RII30913 - Certificate III in Civil Construction. This will be recognised through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by Registered Training Originations (RTO) who are scoped to deliver this Qualification.