Construction industry training fund
Eligibility for Construction Training Fund Direct Indenture Grants, Supplementary Skills/OH&S Program subsidies and additional benefits is dependent on an individual's or
company's ability to demonstrate primary and substantial direct involvement in Western Australia's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or
Eligible individuals must be:
• Directly employed in the building and construction industry in Western Australia
• Directly employed by residential and/or commercial construction companies undertaking relevant projects in Western Australia
• Self-employed and undertaking work which is directly involved in the construction process where eligibility of an applicant is in question, the Training Fund will seek evidence of
eligibility via review of a detailed, recent work history and/or evidence of employment.
Ineligible companies/individuals include:
• Government departments, agencies and Government employees
• Mining, oil, gas and mineral exploration companies
• Companies that manufacture, supply or deliver building products
• Companies that manufacture, supply, deliver or install non-building products after completion of the construction process
• Companies that perform minor maintenance, repairs and/or inspection of elevators and escalators
• Companies that provide maintenance or repairs of a minor nature after the construction phase
• Carpet laying or floor covering companies and contractors
If an individual is unemployed at the time of undertaking a short course recognised by the
Training Fund, they must be able to:
• Demonstrate that they were directly employed in the construction industry in Western Australia for a minimum of six months, within 12 months prior to the date of course
commencement; or if no recent work experience is involved
• Have written evidence of a relevant employment offer from an eligible company or contractor in the construction industry prior to commencement of the training course
Unemployed participants may be required to provide additional documentation to assist the Training Fund to process a claim.
If you think you are eligible for the subsidy, please call us on (08) 9358 6501. We will go through the claim procedure with you to help you obtain the rebate.
CSTC offers all FULLY financial members of the CFMEU,AMU,TWU,MUA up to 20% discount on all their course upon proof of membership status i.e. current membership card at the time of course enrolments. All memberships status will be verified with the corresponding union.